To 2016

Monday, January 11, 2016

calligraphy by @tingthepro

These barren fields beckon my heart. I plough at the soil all this while but it wouldn't budge. The multitude of tasks to be done seems mountainous. But we'll take it one step at a time, and know that God is with love. 
Happy first day of school, everybody! Technically school doesn't start till Friday but hey, C'est la vie. As I start the last semester of school (ever), I can't help but feel incompetent to (as NSF says it) ORD. There are so many things out in the world that I'm not ready to face. Things like the issue on securing a future job, getting my portfolio ready and probably flunking FYP at this rate. It just suddenly occurred to me that I won't be paying to do design anymore- people will be paying me instead.
Living up so the standards of everyone and yourself. I want to have a job I love and still have a well off income. But when I take a step back to look at the "great bigger picture" I was promised, I can't help but shake my head. I'm not all that and I can't do all that. It's physically not in my capabilities to accomplish all that. But you know... they always say, "not by my own strength". So, one step at a time it is. Great things will come, in time. This, now, is the season of working, and just working. One day, I'll look back and see how far I've come. And that's when I know I've made it.
© Manda.. Design by FCD.