My Hair Story || Botanicals Fresh care

Thursday, July 13, 2017



last photo by Vivien Tan


Hey, guys!


I’ve a confession to make. I'm perpetually insecure about my hair.

There was a period in Secondary school when everyone called me "Horse Tail" because of how thick and dry my hair was. It didn't help that I was in netball and my ponytail never swooshed as elegantly as other girls'. It was horrific. The "Horse Tail" name stuck on and it took awhile for me to shake it off. But, to cut the long story short, I've been trying to maintain a healthy bed of hair ever since.

This was until my latest perm awhile back when my hair got brittle and frizzy... I was on the brink of snipping it all off until I tried Botanicals Fresh Care.

Anyway, during that period, by some miraculous grace, I was invited to Botanicals Fresh Care’s media launch shortly after and received a set of Botanicals prescription in CORIANDER. The set came with a shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and strength potion.


What pretty packaging!

What do you usually look for in a hair product? I like my hair products when:
  • the shampoo lathers well
  • the conditioner/hair mask detangles my tresses in a short period of time
  • the leave on conditioner creates a soft coat of shine to give my hair an extra bounce


    I’ve been using it for awhile now, hence, the bottle is almost half full. Here are my thoughts!


BEFORE      /      AFTER


 


Say hello to THE CORIANDER  


Coriander is a type of plant that smells heavenly, especially when the scent is in your hair. My mum randomly came into my room one day, used both her hands, took my entire head and gave it a whiff. "What gives, Mother?!" She was trying to figure out where that particular smell was emitting from because it was traveling all around the house.

 
Yes, Coriander.

Coriander is one of the world’s most powerful botanicals. It is 100% biodegradable and rich in Omega 6. This means that it's able to revitalize your hair. According to Botanicals fresh care, they have infused coriander extracts in featherweight textures to reinforce brittle hair. The Coriander line has no silicone, paragon or colorant and is 100% recalled and recyclable. I’m not one to talk nutrition facts but if it sounds and smells good, I’m using it!
Other perks about Coriander:
  1. Full of vitamins
  2. Rich in minerals
  3. Coriander oil improves the surface quality of sensitive hair 



#STEP 1: Let's talk about Shampoo



I'm half through this bottle and I love it tons. I usually use 3 pumps of it per wash! It's doesn't tangle like other shampoos. It leaves a slightly spicy scent, but that helps to promote hair growth!

#Step 2: MOISTURE UP


These are the Coriander Conditioning Balm and Mask:



I usually put a lot of conditioner because I have pretty thick hair! I'm also a lazy person in the shower so I like leaving my conditioner on for only 1- 2 minutes. The results are even better than some other brands when I leave the product in for 5 - 10 minutes.


#STEP 3: Strengthening

Finally, this leave on conditioner:
 
Only 1 - 2 pumps per wash is good! (yes, tried and tested).

- - - - - - - -

Special thanks to Botanicals Fresh care for introducing this line to me. 
You can get the Coriander line for Botanicals Freshcare in July in stores!

photo by Vivien Tan
© Manda.. Design by FCD.