What would I do, but Create

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Photo from my old blogpost on Listography9

I love Bangkok. Not just because it's a shopper's paradise, but because it's literally the Land of Smiles. They have a whole different culture as compared to us, Singaporeans. What intrigues me the most are their people, food, their festivals and architecture.





So, when asked the question What would I do if I had 30 days abroad, my curious and creative self feels the need to begin a personal project to start a Photography+Letterwritting series featuring the locals and Singaporeans. I want to bridge a gap between the locals and Singaporeans, so I'll go onto the streets and them to write letters to Singaporeans. They can write anything in any language about whatever they think about us. I think that's one way to fully understand how we can better ourselves as people - to understand how others think about us.
ดังนั้นเมื่อ ถามคำถาม ที่ผม จะทำอะไร ถ้าผมมี เวลา 30 วัน ในต่างประเทศ ด้วยตนเอง อยากรู้อยากเห็น และความคิดสร้างสรรค์ ของฉันรู้สึก ถึงความจำเป็นที่ จะเริ่มต้น โครงการ ส่วนบุคคล ที่จะเริ่มต้น การถ่ายภาพ + ชุด Letterwritting ที่มี ชาวบ้านและ ชาวสิงคโปร์ ฉันต้องการที่จะ ลดช่องว่าง ระหว่าง ชาวบ้านและ ชาวสิงคโปร์ ดังนั้นฉัน จะไป บนถนน และ ให้พวกเขาเขียน จดหมายถึง ชาวสิงคโปร์ พวกเขาสามารถ เขียนอะไร ในภาษาใด ๆ เกี่ยวกับ สิ่งที่พวกเขา คิดว่า เกี่ยวกับเรา ผมคิดว่าเป็น วิธีหนึ่งที่จะ เข้าใจ วิธีการที่เรา สามารถที่ดีกว่า ตัวเองเป็น คน - เพื่อ เข้าใจวิธีการ ที่คนอื่นคิด เกี่ยวกับเรา 


Photos from MandaOlivia.com

After documenting all this, I want to bind all the letters and photos into a book. That would be the most fulfilling thing I could do in 30 days abroad. 


หลังจาก การจัดเก็บเอกสาร ทั้งหมดนี้ ผมต้องการที่จะ ผูก ทุกตัวอักษร และรูปถ่าย ลงในสมุด นั่น จะเป็นสิ่งที่ ตอบสนอง มากที่สุดที่ฉัน สามารถทำ ใน 30 วัน ในต่างประเทศ 



Photos from MandaOlivia.com

Of course, all these are just plans, until given the opportunity to create.



Yours sincerely x
@manda.olivia



/ / / /

Dear Reader, if you're intrigued at what this post is about; Klapsons The River Residence, is holding a contest that allows you to win 30 days of accommodation in Bangkok! (This isn't an ad post but my entry to the contest.) I encourage you to, of course, enter too! xx
© Manda.. Design by FCD.