The story of me breaking down

Sunday, January 1, 2017



I've been meaning to write about this for the longest time but I've simply been procrastinating because of this crazy peak period I've just endured at work. I figured that since Christmas and the new year is finally here, I should take some time to reflect on the past month.
I've also added in random visual aids from my Spain trip, just so you wouldn't get too bored of me ranting. You're welcome~





After I came back from Europe, I realised that I was suddenly drowning in work because I hadn't pre-completed the work due that particular week I was back. The nature of my job puts me on my toes at all times. Replying comments on Instagram, creating content for every day — it's never ending. So, that was a total of 4-5 weeks of drowning in work and OTing till 9.30pm in the office. Event coverage at styling workshops and post production were a killer too. Oh, and I also managed to land myself with handling another country's Instagram account too. 


3/4 way through, I broke down and just wanted to tell myself to stop working. I wasn't able to sleep at night, even though I was exhausted. I wasn't eating right. And I didn't even had time to fully recover from my stomach flu after the trip. I was burnt out that people kept pushing work at me to do. 


Just when I was about to call it quits, I randomly heard a voice saying "God will not give to you more than you can handle". In that moment of weakness, I realised that despite my inability to continue on, God was rooting for me and that His favour was upon me. 
Even though I was swamped with work, I got my first intern to help me out, despite only being in Love, Bonito for 6 months. I got to travel to another country for my first business trip. I got to work closely with my managers and boss.
If you asked me if I'd do it all again just to realise that God's favour was upon me, I'd give you a hell no, you crazy or what? What I would, however, like do is thank God for being there for me, even though I was and still am unable to to fathom why He chose me to favour upon.

Just to make it clear though, I am still very much recovering from being burnt out. And I will continue be burnt out till the end of peak period with is Chinese New Year. But at least I am a happy-Burnt-Out who knows that she can do all things with Christ who strengthens her. 
Happy New Year, ducklings. And may the good Lord bless you abundantly.
xx
 
© Manda.. Design by FCD.