Because Irrelevant photo & profound quote

Wednesday, April 22, 2015


"We cross our bridge as we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the presumption that once our eyes watered." 
- Tom Stoppard, Rosencratz & Guildenstern are Dead
Sheesh. Me and my literary quotes again. I genuinely detest it when people make fun of instagrammers for coupling a photo with an inspirational quote. Aside from the times when the quote doesn't link to the photo at all, I frown upon the mockery because these haters basically show no capacity to appreciate good writing. Good writing emotes feelings with simplicity, it wakes your senses and heightens your imagination to possibilities, sometimes unattainable in reality. Mash this together with a serene shot of a picturesque shot of mother nature flaunting herself, and you get one of those laminated inspirational posters CEOs paste in their office. You don't see people complaining about those now, do you? Many a time, people call these acts of a "hipster" (yes, you, Adelia. Not meaning to pick on you, ILY). In a way, I think "hipsterism" itself is overrated. Heck, Hipster Critics are getting overrated too. People shouldn't be mocked for the things that are able to inspire them, rather, they should be respected because they're able to gain enjoyment from the most basic form of entertainment: words & pictures.
//This is where Alan comes and screams at me for being a total hippie through my preaching// 

Hahaha.
Don't mind me, I've been sleeping 3hours for the past few nights because of deadlines, 
I don't know what I'm talking about. #whatexchangeyousay
Peace out, guys.
xx
© Manda.. Design by FCD.