An invincible summer

Thursday, November 13, 2014

 Photo taken at THE BOOK SHOW @ Deck, featuring's Genevieve Leong's works.

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger- something better, pushing right back." - Albert Camus, The Stranger 
I know this girl. She is.. well, amazing. (I'm a sucker for strong female figures hahah). Her resilience amidst adversary is so inspirational that even when she feels the weight of the world, she decides to be optimistic. She doesn't look at life and hates on it. She grabs life by the neck, shakes it hard and says,"Come at me with all you've got". Scary as hell, but she does it. She always sounds cheery, but I guess it's impossible to feel this way 24/7. & for that, even though I know it's probably a struggle to pull through, I know that she will because that strength she's got to even put a smile on her face for the people around her is so generous and brilliant. 
Maybe one day (I hope) I'll pluck up my courage to tell her that she's such a role model to me and probably so many others.
© Manda.. Design by FCD.