Kinds of People

Wednesday, September 23, 2015


I think there are 2 kinds of people in this world. The perfectionists, and the people who embrace imperfections. 
It got me thinking when my prof said,"I don't like my [art] pieces perfect. I prefer them with imperfections". Being in art school, I see peers and their work turning out crisp perfect and clean. We commend on their fantastic workmanship and the eye for the nitty gritty. I turn to myself and see that the likeness of me as a person who's nothing like that.  
My life; I like to scribble illegibly because my thoughts run fast. I like the mess on my table because my controlled mess makes me feel at home. I like to tear my paper instead of cut it into halves because the jagged edges it forms texture. I like the natural, and the ability to be free to be whatever. 
So, when I look at my friends' works, I console myself by saying I'm not a perfectionist, but really, I should be telling myself that I'm one who just enjoy embraces the imperfections.
© Manda.. Design by FCD.