Merci Marcel: New Menu

Wednesday, March 4, 2020


Dropped by Merci Marcel with Sammy to try out Merci Marcel Tiong Bahru's newest menu on regional French cuisine.


First thought coming in to the restaurant... "oo I've never been here in the evening before". I'm a big sucker for brunch so I was surprised that I hadn't known that one of my favourite brunch places would be open all through the day.

Dinner at Merci Marcel was romantic and I got to spend the evening with Sam, my bridesmaid! We started off with some cocktail/mocktails, which soon after, turned into a 3 course meal. We were honestly spoilt for choice.

Their new dinner menu is inspired by the traditional cuisine of Cote d'Azur, Gran-East, Aquitaine regions, together with Merci Marcel's contemporary French signatures. It's conceptualised by the Merci Marcel team, together with Bourdeaux Chef Nicolas Nguyen Van Hai with homemade dishes of the French cuisine.

The first dish we got was the Marinated prawns - very exquisite in taste. It has a zest of pineapple topped with passionfruit.
On to mains... I got the Duck Parmentier Facon Marcel. O m g, this is duck confit and shredded potatoes. The potatoes are to die for. It tasted like mash that was crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside (how even?!).
Sam got this mains that looked like Bangers and mash. 


The sweetestttt team! They knew that we were discussing wedding stuff and they wrote a little message on the dessert plates. (Am so touched by this really)

I picked the deconstructed lemon pie (opposite end of the table), and Sam picked the chocolate cake. Both were so yummy, even though we were so full.

The chocolate cake itself is dense and the whipped cream is light and fluffy.

Can't wait to go back again!!

Post a Comment

© Manda.. Design by FCD.